- The JCPS Board of Education has done one of the hardest things school boards do. It made a change in leadership, and ensured management was in place for a smooth transition to the appointment of a new superintendent.
- The interim superintendent – supported by excellent leadership staff – has presided over a successful school year, and made the rounds in the community gaining confidence at every stop.
- The school board has offered the community an opportunity to take part in its decision-making process for the next leader in a variety of ways.
- Teachers and administrators receive more than 100,000 students every day and face every problem that comes in the door – violence, poverty, intolerance, physical/mental disabilities and illness, language barriers, learning differences – and those teachers and administrators devise ways to engage and excite ALL students in learning.
- The right way to help is to offer encouragement and moral support. Every good manager knows that. Build on the positive. There’s plenty of that on which to build.
There is no institution that deserves our unified support more. Our school district has its challenges, and will always respond to those challenges, as they will certainly never end. We just have to want to help, and to give credit where it is due, and we will be part of helping meet those challenges, rather than adding to them with public criticism.